When times get tough, it’s wise to use your existing skills to add a new income stream. Commercial copywriting is always in demand, and can be highly paid.
This course will highlight the key differences between writing journalistic copy and writing commercial copy. Led by Jackie Barrie, who originally trained as a journalist but has worked for over 30 years as a copywriter, the course is interactive, with hands-on practice and feedback.
- Traditional marketing theory and useful marketing acronyms to help sell your service and your clients’ services
- 12 point checklist for marketing communications – you’ll never look at an ad the same way again
- 10 tests for effective copywriting, 28 ‘power’ words for headlines, and 25 copywriting tips, tricks and techniques you can turn to for future inspiration
- The difference between writing for screen and writing for print, plus everything web copywriters need to know about search engine optimisation (SEO)
- The business of copywriting, including how to find clients – and get paid
- The unbelievable benefit that copywriters enjoy and journalists LOVE! (Clue: It’s to do with payment)
- Links to further resources where you can join other copywriters for mutual support.